Kumon Incentive of $27,500 Approaching
Franchise Seeks Candidates for Attractive Education Business
TEANECK, N.J. (March 31, 2011) — Kumon, the world’s largest after-school math and reading enrichment company, seeks franchise candidates in the Northwest, Southwest, Central, Southeast, Central East and Hawaii to support the boom in student enrollment. Qualified candidates who apply before the May 2 deadline are eligible for up to $27,500 in business incentives.
The tutoring industry weathered the recession and is thriving as more families invest in education. Kumon exceeded industry norms surpassing 300,000 enrolled students last month, capping a 12 percent growth in North America and setting a new company milestone in North America.
“Kumon small business owners find the education industry financially and personally satisfying,” said Hideki Kusuzawa, president of Kumon North America. “Our franchisees are passionate about education, working with families, and helping children gain confidence and a love of learning.”
In the last five years, Kumon grew by:
- Northwest region– 93 percent in Seattle/Tacoma, Washington, 40 percent in Portland, Oregon, 35 percent in the San Francisco, California, area and 66 percent in Sacramento, California.
- Southwest region – 12 new centers opened in Arizona, Nevada, and 19 centers opened in Southern California.
- Central region – 70 percent across the Central region.
- Central East region – 62 percent in Washington D.C. metro area, 55 percent in Raleigh, North Carolina, and 32 percent in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Southeast region– 60 percent across the region; including 62 percent growth in Atlanta, Georgia, and 20 percent growth across Florida.
- Hawaii – Expanding on the islands of Oahu, Maui, Hawaii and Kauai.
With more than 53 years of experience working to maximize the potential of children, the Kumon Franchise system offers stability and a time-tested model for success. The $2,000 franchise and materials fee is the lowest in the industry.
The initial investment to open a center ranges from $67,763 to $145,320. Interested candidates are invited to visit www.kumonfranchise.com or call 1-866-633-0740 to prequalify to attend a Kumon Franchise Seminar by demonstrating proof of $70,000 in liquid capital and $150,000 in net worth.
Candidates should call to reserve a spot at a Kumon Franchise seminar.
View the schedule of upcoming Kumon Franchise seminars by region in the side bar to the right.
About the Kumon Franchise Business:
Kumon is an ideal small business opportunity for professionals who want to help children from preschool to high school unlock their potential so they can achieve more on their own. The Kumon Method is an individualized, ability-based math and reading program. Kumon Franchisees must have a four-year college degree, be proficient in math and reading and have investment capital of $50,000 and a net worth of at least $150,000. Founded in 1958, Kumon has 26,000 centers in 46 countries and is the world's largest after school education company, with more than 4 million students studying worldwide. Kumon North America is headquartered in Teaneck, N.J. Candidates can visit www.kumonfranchise.com or call 1.866.633.0740 to learn more about franchise opportunities.