Starting a Franchise
If you’re a highly motivated individual interested in building a business that can help you achieve financial success and personal fulfillment, consider becoming a Kumon Franchisee. Now is the perfect time to get started. Take the following steps to see if becoming a franchise owner is right for you.
- Next, fill out and submit the application. Each application will be reviewed by our Franchise Development Department before you will be contacted for an initial phone interview to cover the basics of owning a Kumon Franchise.
- Kumon Franchise Seminar
- Next, you will attend a Kumon Franchise seminar. Attending a seminar will bring you closer to realizing your goal of becoming a Kumon Franchisee and will clearly answer questions that you may have about Kumon. Seminars are held monthly for your convenience, please ask your Franchise Recruiter about a seminar near you.
- Interviewing Process
- Then, if you qualify, Kumon will conduct a more extensive interview with you. You will also be required to pass the requisite math and reading proficiency tests to further assess your eligibility as a promising Kumon Instructor.
- Financial and Background Check
- Kumon conducts a standard background check and financial assessment for prospective franchisees. Your financial assessment is done to make sure you can meet the financial obligations required for the initial investment and startup costs, which tend to be lower compared to other types of franchises. Potential franchisees must successfully satisfy our background check requirements by obtaining and submitting to us the results of a criminal background check and vulnerable sector search.
- Initial Training
- Once approved, you will complete two four-day segments of classroom training. During the nine weeks in between the two classroom trainings, you will complete additional hands-on training. The training covers not only the Kumon Curriculum and lesson planning, but also business and centre management strategies for successful centre operations.
- Franchise Agreement and Centre Opening
- Once all training requirements are complete and the centre location has been approved, Kumon will take the appropriate steps toward offering you the Kumon Franchise Agreement. Once you have signed the Kumon Franchise Agreement, our dedicated staff will help you prepare your Kumon Centre for opening.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. We offer franchises solely by means of our Franchise Disclosure Document. Certain provinces and foreign countries have laws governing the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of these provinces or foreign countries, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with all applicable legal requirements in your jurisdiction.